A spectacular serpentine lake will be the showpiece of the community – a water body with a formal edge framed by gardens and public relaxation and gathering spaces, featuring a cascading waterfall that enlivens the senses.
Early in the project life a unique character-laden destination experience will be created at Waterlea. ‘The Barn at Waterlea’ will be a building of authentic rural character with a modern hipster twist, incorporating a café serving farm fresh bistro meals, with a deck overhanging the water.
It will be designed as a unique experience to draw visitors from afar, where children can feed the ducks, take pony rides and interact with baby animals in a petting yard. There will also be a community veggie garden that supplies the café. This location will also be home to the Waterlea Land Sales & Information Centre, with the new home display village located adjacent.
WATERLEA FACT FILE
• Projected population of 4,500 residents
• 8-year development and marketing timespan
• 8 distinct residential neighbourhood precincts
• Sought-after lot mix including quarter acre ‘Ranch Style” family lots through to a broad range of lifestyle and low maintenance lots opposite parks
• Waterfront café restaurant destination hub to be established early in the project life
• Multi-Builder Display Village
• Feature lakes network featuring waterfall and waterfront parkland amenity
• Vast network of green open space linking the neighbourhoods of Waterlea with community amenity
• Central linear creek corridor
• Leading edge environmental sustainability
• 100m wide green spine parkland through the entire length of the project
• Community activity areas for concerts, sporting, recreational activities and adventure play