During open inspections or by appointment is an vital part of the sales process. We have some tips for open homes that can help to boost your home’s appeal and impress potential buyers.
Now is a good time to get your home ready for the spotlight. Talk to your Marco agent who will help you get your home ready. If you need a bit of extra help, our maintenance team is standing by to jump in and help with lawn mowing to more complicated matters such as plumbing, electrical work and renovations.
Getting ready to sell
The goal is to sell at the best possible price and as quickly as possible. You need to prepare your home for a successful sale. Buyers do not want to buy a to-do list. Most buyers do not want to buy a fix-up project, they will turn away fastest than lightning. Often times it’s not one big thing, but a lot of little things that turn buyers away. If there are problems and a significant to-do list, your house will drop to the bottom of their list, or attract an offer much less than what you’re looking for. Present buyers with well-maintained and well resented house that that will just ready for them to move into – a home they can be comfortable and happy in.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when putting your home on the market
Getting your home ready for open days:
Potential buyers get an impression of your home ,either positive or negative within 30 seconds of walking through the door. Having them see your home in its best-selling shape is an absolute must.
There are many ways to put a new quick face lift on your home, many of them costing little more than a bit of your time. Here are a few pointers for the most significant impact:
Curb Appeal• Clear any clutter and keep lawn decorations to a minimum.
• Mow your lawn and trim shrubs.
• Add bushes and/or colourful flowers.
• Sweep sidewalks, drive way and driveway.
• Remove or update any dated or personalized fixtures.
• Put all the kids toys away.
• Fix damaged gutters, shutters, siding or roof tiles.
• Add a tasteful welcome mat to the front door.
• Clean all windows inside and out.
Leave your house while it’s being shown to potential buyers. Your presence can make them feel anxious and awkward. Leave No Trace
Clean everything! Check for cobwebs on ceilings, dust on baseboards everything.
De-clutter. Then de-clutter again. Rent a storage locker if you need to. This is very important for increasing your home’s appeal.• Add a fresh coat of paint to the walls.
• Remove family photos and excessive wall decorations.
• Remove personal items, such as DVD collections and trophies.
• Replace worn carpets, and shampoo carpets that are dirty but still in good shape.
• Polish wood floors.
• Add fresh flowers or plants, but don’t overdo it.
• Maximize your home’s natural light by opening blinds and shades.
• Do a smell check and address any odours.
• Pet owners: Take Fido or Fluffy with you while your home is being shown.
Your Marco agent can provide additional advice on prepping your home, and also give you insights into the preferences of local buyers.